Walnut, Fig & Choc Chip Muffins
- 400g self raising flour
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder or carob powder
- 125g sugar
- 2 tablespoons of golden or brown flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 250g ground almonds
- 125g walnut pieces, chopped
- 125g dried figs, chopped
- 125g chocolate chips
- 250ml milk of your choice
- 100ml of oil of your choice
- Preheat oven 180 degrees (gas 4-5)
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well. The mixture should have a dropping consistency. If more milk is needed, add a little at a time.
- Place the mixture into muffin cases and place on middle shelf in the oven
- They should take between 20-25 minutes to cook.
- Place a knife in centre to see if ready
- Take out and leave to cool on a baking tray.
- Store in an airtight container.