Coffee & Walnut Pancakes
Combine coffee & walnut flavours into a pancake for a twist on the traditional this Shrove Tuesday. Drizzle with agave syrup et voila!
- 110g plain flour (of your choice)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 free range eggs
- 200ml milk (of your choice)
- 1/2 tablespoon of instant coffee
- 100g organic walnut pieces
- Agave syrup or honey to drizzle
- Dilute the coffee in a small amount of hot water
- Place the flour, salt, eggs, milk and coffee in a blender with half (50g) the walnuts and blend.
- Place the mixture in fridge for 1/2 hour before use.
- Heat up a large non stick pan with a little oil as desired and pour in enough mixture to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Allow pancake to colour before flipping.
- Stack pancakes between greaseproof paper if not eating immediately.
- Scatter on the rest of the walnuts and drizzle with agave syrup or honey to taste before serving. Enjoy!