Pumpkin, Pecan & Choc Chip Cookies
- 225g of flour of your choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 125g unsalted butter (or nut butter)
- 100g organic sugar
- 100g pumpkin purée
- 1 small egg or flax seed equivalent
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 150g chocolate chips
- 100g chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4 and line a large baking sheet with greaseproof baking paper.
- In a small bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla extract until combined, then add the flour mixture carefully until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Scoop golf ball size pieces of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart, and bake until puffed up and golden around edges - roughly 12 minutes.
- Carefully place on a cooling rack and allow to cool down before enjoying them warm.
This recipe is suitable for vegetarians. If you're vegan, swap the dairy butter for nut butter and use a vegan egg replacement.