Pumpkin & Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
- 450g pasta
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tin pumpkin purée
- 250ml dry white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into slices and chilled
- 150g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 225ml sour cream
- 50g chopped hazelnuts to serve (optional)
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta al dente, according to the package directions.
- In a large pan over a medium heat, sauté the onions, mushrooms and garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin puree and white wine, and season with 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and butter until melted and creamy.
- Stir in the sour cream and cooked pasta until well coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with fried sage leaves and toasted hazelnuts and serve.
This recipe is suitable for vegetarians.