Squash & Bean Bake
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin of pumpkin puree
- 1 butternut squash deseeded, peeled and diced
- 10g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g haricot beans or cannellini beans, pre-soaked and boiled
- Salt and pepper
- 200ml double cream
- 100g strong cheddar
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 50g breadcrumbs (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the diced squash until it’s coloured on the outside and almost tender in the middle. This will take about 12 minutes.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt, then add the onion and cook for about 6 minutes, until the onion is soft.
- Add the garlic, pumpkin puree and cherry tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft and the juices that come out of them have evaporated.
- Stir in the precooked beans and season well. Add the cream and cheddar cheese and stir.
- Check the seasoning, then scrape the mixture into a gratin dish and top with the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200C for about 25 minutes, or until the cream has reduced and the surface is golden and bubbling.