Pumpkin, Cheese & Chilli Scones
- 450g self raising flour
- 100g butter or substitute
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tin pumpkin puree
- 150g cheese of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon of chilli flakes, or paprika if you’d prefer a milder option
- Milk or milk alternative to bind ingredients
- Pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the flour and butter in a bowl and rub together using your finger tips.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cheese, chilli and spice and mix well.
- Add 80ml milk to the flour mixture and quickly stir everything together. Add more milk if you need to.
- Tip the mixture onto a floured surface and lightly bring together with your hands a couple of times.
- Gently roll out until 4cm thick and cut out scones to preferred shape. Re-shape the trimmings until all the dough has been used up.
- Place the rounds on a lightly floured baking sheet, brush the tops with any remaining milk and top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until risen and lightly browned.