Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
- 340g flour of your choice
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 225ml milk or substitute
- 225g pumpkin purée
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Butter or oil, for cooking
To serve: maple syrup or lemon and pumpkin spice sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and pumpkin puree, then add the eggs and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Melt butter or oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour in the batter and cook until bubbles start to form and the pancake is golden underneath, about 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook the other side until golden, about another minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or your choice of toppings.