Pumpkin & Hazelnut Brookies
- 225g flour of your choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 115g butter or cashew nut butter
- 115g organic cane sugar
- 1 egg or flax seed egg
- 170g pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 150g chocolate chips
- 125g hazelnuts
- 1 box brownie mix
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees or Gas 4. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Prepare brownie batter according to box. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl until evenly combined. In a separate large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add egg or substitute, pumpkin and vanilla and mix until evenly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients then fold in chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Place the prepared brownie batter between the muffin cups. Each cup should be filled halfway to two-thirds of the way up.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoons of cookie dough and roll them into balls. Place the cookie dough balls into the centre of a each brownie batter-filled cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the brownie cup comes out with a few moist crumbs. (Use any extra cookie dough to bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!)
- Let them cool in muffin tin for about 10 minutes, then transfer brookies to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.