Strawberry & Ginger Flapjacks
- 175g/6oz butter or dairy free spread
- 175g/6oz organic maple agave syrup or golden syrup
- 175g/6oz organic cane sugar
- 350g/12oz porridge oats
- ½ unwaxed orange, finely grated zest only (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder (optional)
- 100g/4oz organic crystallised ginger chopped
- 50g/2oz freeze dried strawberries
Preheat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2 and line a 20cm/8in square baking tin with baking paper.
Melt the butter or dairy free spread in a medium pan over a low heat. Dip a brush in the butter and brush the baking tin with a little bit of it. Add the agave or golden syrup and sugar to the butter and heat gently. Once the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats, orange zest and crystallised ginger and ginger powder. Finally fold in the freeze dried strawberries
Pack the mixture into the baking tin and squash down. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
Once cooked, remove from the oven, leave to cool for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a chopping board and cut into squares.