Macadamia Nut Brownies
- 240g pumpkin purée
- 100g cocoa powder
- 170g peanut butter
- 120g macadamia nuts
- 25g organic cane sugar, optional
Chocolate frosting, optional
- 400g organic icing sugar
- 100g cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 250g butter or nut butter of your choice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4 and line an 8 inch by 8 inch pan with greaseproof paper.
- Into a large bowl place the pumpkin puree, macadamia nuts, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and sugar (if using).
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and fully combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- If desired, frost by whisking butter until it is creamy in texture, fold in the sieved icing sugar and cocoa and mix well together, spread on brownie and dust with pumpkin spice.
- If not eaten immediately, they can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days or they can be frozen before icing.