Almond and Strawberry Cheesecake Sponge
- 175g almond butter, really soft, plus extra for greasing
- 250g organic sugar
- 4 eggs or egg replacer
- 200g self raising flour
- 50g ground almond
- 75g full fat natural yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5g strawberry powder
- Handful of flaked almonds
- For the cheesecake blobs
- 200g full-fat cream cheese
- 25g organic sugar
- 1 large egg or egg replacer
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line the base and sides of a deep 23cm cake tin with baking parchment. Mix the ingredients for the cheesecake blobs together in a bowl until just combined – be careful not to overmix or it will become runny. Set aside.
Put the almond butter, sugar, eggs, flour, ground almonds, yogurt, vanilla, strawberry powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl, and beat together until smooth using an electric hand whisk.Scrape half the cake mixture into the tin, Use the back of a teaspoon to create dips in the surface of the cake and dollop in spoonful's of cheesecake mixture – saving about half for the top. Then repeat.
- Scatter with almonds and bake for 50 mins-1 hr or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 20 mins in the tin before turning out. Delicious served warm or cold with fresh fruit.
- Can change fruit powder flavour depending on preference.
- If using egg replacer follow instructions.