Strawberry Shortcake & Clotted Cream Cupcakes
- Preheat oven 180 degrees Gas 4
- Place 12 cup cake cases into muffin tins and place a shortcake biscuit at the bottom of the cake case.
- Add a whole strawberry or sprinkle in freeze dried fruits over the top of the biscuit.
- Make the cake mixture by creaming together the sugar and the clotted cream or plant based fat until light in texture.
- Add one egg with a little flour beat well. For the excess flour sieve and carefully fold in (follow instructions if using an egg replacer).
- Carefully pipe or top the cake cases with the mixture then pop into a preheated oven on the middle shelf for around 20-25 minutes.
- Take out and leave to cool.
- With an electric whisk soften the butter or dairy free spread with the vanilla essence and gradually add the icing sugar. Fold in strawberry powder if desired and then pipe on to the cakes. Top with slices of freeze dried strawberries or crush them and sprinkle on the top.
- Store in an air tight container.