Nut Butter and Rice Balls
This recipe makes 8-12 balls.
- 4 tbsp of organic peanut butter or organic almond butter
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp organic, local honey
- 2 tbsp organic ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp organic coconut flakes
- 250g cooked organic brown basmati rice and organic quinoa, cooled
In a large bowl, beat the nut butter with the coconut oil to soften it, then stir in the vanilla extract and honey. Stir in the ground flaxseed, coconut flakes and cooled rice, until well combined. The mixture should be thick and sticky.
Freeze for about 10 minutes, or until chilled. Use a spoon to scoop out even amounts and roll into balls about the size of a cherry tomato.
Store in the freezer. Defrost for around 10 minutes before eating.